I always fishbowl test my decks before I collect the cards on Tappedout.com, so if you’re curious about the decklist right now, here is what I have so far.
- Opening hand: Inaction Injunction, Azorius Charm, Glacial Fortress, Increasing Confusion, Glacial Fortress, Chronic Flooding, Plains.
- Turn 1: Play a Plains.
- Turn 2: Draw an Azorius Guildgate. Play a Glacial Fortress, tap two mana to play Chronic Flooding, enchanting opponent’s land.
- Turn 3: Draw a Hallowed Fountain. Play a Glacial Fotress, tap two mana to play Azorius Charm to draw a card. Draw a Plains.
- Turn 4: Draw an Azorius Arrester. Play an Azorius Guildgate. Tap two mana to play Azorius Arrester.
- Turn 5: Draw a Thought Scour. Play a Plains, tap one mana to Thought Scour opponent. Draw a Supreme Verdict. Tap 4 mana to play Supreme Verdict.
- Turn 6: Draw an Island. Play an Island, tap 6 mana to play Increasing Confusion.
- Turn 7: Draw a Hallowed Fountain. Play Hallowed Fountain, tap 7 mana to cast Increasing Confusion from graveyard.
At this point I’m not sure what’s going on. Its hard to fishbowl a mill deck and tell whether or not I have control of the board. I was doing a decent amount of card draw, and I was happy that I got Chronic Flooding out as early as I did. It would have been nice to have some Jace’s Phantasms out though. I didn’t draw any counter spells but any creatures that threatened me were wiped on the fifth turn, which is good tempo I’d think.
I don’t know. What do you guys think? Should I have cast some cards in different orders for a better effect?